A recap of our work in 2021:
- Homelessness services – Successfully advocated for moving The Well in the Desert from Calle Encilia location and bringing in professional management for new Access Center.
- Baristo Park crisis – Launched petition with over 200 signatures to temporarily close the park under emergency order to protect the health and safety of nearby residents. City took action within 48 hours of petition.
- Navigation Center proposal – Successfully advocated for city to move forward with funding plans to create a comprehensive Navigation Center which will provide temporary housing in addition to mental health and addiction counseling, assistance with transitioning to permanent housing, and assistance with seeking employment and other resources needed to reintegrate into the community.
- Street cleanups – Led several Saturday morning cleanup outings nearby where unhoused people congregate.
- Outreach – Provided volunteers for Martha’s Village and Kitchen and Coachella Valley Rescue Mission.